Sunday, August 24, 2008

“K.I.S.S. it (Keep.It.Simple.Stupid)”


Felt a little nostalgic earlier tody as I played kickball with a group of friends. Besides the fact that I slightly sprained my ankle carrying a tub of bottled water, I had a great time. This afternoon, I really felt like a kid again. Tonight, I definitely feel like an old man.

As I was playing earlier, I was thinking about the three different times Jesus said we SHOULD act like children! I always wonder about that statement, and I think I get new perspectives on it all the time. Today as I played kickball, I realized, in the middle of all the rules we adults put on the game, it really is a pretty simple concept. Roll the ball, kick the ball, and run run run.
You know what else is a pretty simple concept? The Christian faith. Although it will take eternity to grasp how wide and long and high and deep the love of Christ is, it’s still pretty straight forward. Jesus said follow him, love God with all your ability, love everyone along the way, no matter what. 

We need to stop searching for the next “new deep” revelation, “new deep” theological truth, or “new deep” experience. We need to become like children, and keep it simple. And I say this in the most endearing way possible, “Just K.I.S.S. It (Keep.It.Simple.Stupid).”

No comments: