Thursday, August 7, 2008

"It's not really God!"



Last night I received my first official follower in Twitter! People have been checking it out from time to time, but up until now, I haven’t had anyone subscribe to it. Twitter is this new thing I’ve been using to update anyone who wants to know what I’m doing throughout the day. Even though all I gotta do is send a text message to the website, I still forget to update from time to time, but I think I'm getting better at it.

I love how technology, when used appropriately, can be used to keep people connected. Even when loved ones are far away, you can be so involved with what they’re doing with just a click of a button. Especially with something like Twitter. But as I contemplated updating my Twitter with mundane events or thoughts, I was wondering who in the world would want to know all these details of my daily life? Then it hit me. There’s been someone who’s been following me way before I started using Twitter. They’ve been following me even before “me” existed! It’s Jesus. Did you know that God is intimately involved in every aspect of who you are? In the good, the bad, and ugly, He’s there. In the areas where your flaws shine like diamonds on velvet, your insecurities are exposed, and your embarrassing moments broadcasted, He’s there. He knows how many hairs are on your head and His thoughts of you outnumber the grains of sand on the seashore...i’d say He’s pretty interested in you. Maybe thats why He said He’d never leave you nor forsake you...because He’s already so invested in you, because He passionately loves you.

I just wish there was button I could push that let’s me know what God’s up to. And if your like me, wondering if there is a Twitter account for God, I already checked. But if you decide to look it up... first read my disclaimer.

**Disclaimer: It’s not really God!

No comments: