Friday, September 19, 2008

“Don’t stop ‘til you get enough”


I came across a little factoid this week that was pretty intereesting. There’s a Guinness world record for the longest lecture, which lasted for 120 hours and was achieved by Jayasimha Ravirala who lectured on personality development concepts in Hyderabad, India, from 24 March to 29 March 2007. And I thought I was long winded.

A couple of weeks ago, I talked on campus and blogged about how awesome it would be if a bunch of students were able to communicate the underlying message of the bible in 30 seconds, using terminology that ANYONE can understand. I think seeing this world record reinforces this train of thought. I can’t help but wonder how many students/people (other than the guy officially timing the event) actually stayed throughout the whole lecture. And out of those, I wonder many actually retained or even stayed awake for the whole lecture.

I’m not knocking this guy, because I used to be him! Back in college, if anyone even mentioned the word God, I would run over to them and try to preach the WHOLE bible to them in one sitting (or even standing on the sidewalk). Relating your relationship with God to someone is not a bad thing, all I’m saying is, it shouldn’t be a long thing, unless of course they want you to expound on what you’re saying.

We have windows of opportunities… I just hope we don’t miss the moment by trying to plant a whole tree, when all you need or have time for is dropping a seed. Don’t be like Mike...and “Don’t stop ‘Til YOU get enough”.

No comments: