Tuesday, October 21, 2008

“Emagination”


I can’t believe it’s been 10 days since I’ve blogged. I guess I need to reread my old blogs about time management! Anywho, I’ve been thinking a lot about our campus values, especially “The Gospel Expressed” one. In my previous blogs, I wrote about how we can uniquely EXPRESS the gospel, with the individual gifts that God has EQUIPPED us with. Today I want to write about our Emagination.

Now yes, I know how to spell imagination. I just wanted to give you an opportunity to use your imagination! (also cause it looks cool to have all my points start with the letter E)

Seriously though, I think that sometimes as Christians, we limit our creativity because of tradition, fear of failure, or sheer laziness. We shouldn’t be afraid to use our Emagination. Think about it. That’s how the bible started out! “In the beginning God created the heavens and earth.” God used His Emagination to create something from nothing. Imagination is the faculty or action of forming new ideas, images, concepts of external objects not present to the senses. How can you present the Gospel in ways that have yet to be acknowledged by our senses?

I love tradition, as long as I know the why behind it. But we shouldn’t do things the same way just because it’s always been done like that before. If we’re gonna reach people that no one is reaching, we gotta do things no one is doing. I’m not encouraging anyone to reinvent the wheel. Just make it better. Just use your God given Emagination.

No comments: