Wednesday, October 22, 2008

“Connect For”


So lately I’ve been focusing on our campus ministry values, which happens to be an acronym that spells out our name...THIRST. This week I wanna primarily look at the letter H, which stands for Healthy Families.

Now I think I was a little to young to actually get into this show, but I looked it up online the other day and watched a full episode of The Lone Ranger. I’ve heard so many people refer to this show, but never seen it. I got caught off guard, cause I noticed something. The Lone Ranger had a side-kick! His name was Tonto. Maybe someone in hollywood read the part of the bible when it said, “It’s not good for man to be alone.”

I don’t believe God designed humans to live life alone. If he did...we’d probably grow in cocoons. And I’m not just talking God’s plan for natural families, but also for spiritual family. No matter what kind of family background you come from, there are other people out there in the world who God wants to connect you to. At one time, Jesus connected one of His followers to His mother. He said, mother this is your son, brother this is your mother. Even though they both had great healthy natural family relationships, there was still a need for them to be connected to a broader group of people.

I once heard someone say, “If you find your people, you find your purpose.” Me, I just like being connected to people who are called to do similar things that I feel called to. What do you connect for?

No comments: