Tuesday, November 4, 2008

“There’s no “I” in team, but there is an “I” in THIRST”


There’s no “I” in team, but there is an “I” in THIRST. The “I” does not reflect an individualistic ideal, it stands for Intentional Building. We value laying strong foundations for students to build their lives on. And we feel there’s no better foundation for greatness than a biblical one.

The reason its intentional, is because for some reason, people tend to think that this will happen naturally. But nothing in life get built by accident.

I like the story of the “Three Little Pigs”. It’s a great example of what happens when you build wisely, as compared to not building wisely. And just like in the story, when the Big Bad Wolves of this world come huffing and puffing...will what you have built fall down? Jesus also told a similar story. He said if you build a house on sand, it will crumble when the winds and storms of life come at you. But if you build on solid rock, it will withstand any storm in life.

What kind of house are you building? Hopefully you’re building wisely. Because when you build, others benefit. Just ask two of the three pigs whose house fell down. There’s no “I” in team, but there is an “I” in THIRST.

2 comments:

Aripiphany said...

I am definitely working on the foundations of my faith, making sure all is intact below the surface of my relationship with Christ. Thanks Rich.

Rich Vanegas said...

My pleasure A. Sooner than later, you'll be helping other young women lay a foundation! (If you're not already!)